Finding the resources available in the Windows Explorer computer is a powerful tool for working on File Folders to make file administration extremely simple and fast. The first window of the Windows operating system is clicked on the desktop window’s taskbar, then the Window Explorer program is displayed in the list displayed. Window Explorer is displayed after clicking on the program.
To understand Windows Explorer here, first you have to understand the file and the folder.
What is a file?
File is the basic unit to submit any kind of information. Many types of files are used in the computer. If you create some files, then some files are for the computer.
- Primary Name
- Extension Name
- .mp3- audio file
- .mp4- video file
- .bmp- picture file
- .png- picture file
- .jpg- picture file
- .psd- adobe photoshop file
- .docx- Microsoft Word File
- .xlsx- Microsoft Excel file
- .pptx- Microsoft Powerpoint file
- .doc- document file
- .txt- text file
- .exe- program file
- .hlp – help file
- .pdf- pdf file
- .dll – Dynamic Link Library File
What is a folder?
Working with Windows Explorer
- Click the Start button.
- Click All Programs option.
- Click on the Accessories folder.
- Select Windows Explorer.
Note- You can use Windows + E can also open Windows Explorer.
- Check Out :- Top 10 Most Popular Search Engine Of All Time
Components of Windows Explorer: –
- Address bar
- Search Box
- Navigation pane
- Details pane
- Content panel
Performing Basic File and Folder Operations
- To create a new Folder using Windows Explorer
- Open Windows Explorer.
- From the navigation pane, click Computer Options.
- Open Local Disk D:
- Select the New folder command from the toolbar. (You will see an empty folder in the content pane by the name of New folder)
- Type the name of the new folder.
- Click on save button.
Note- You can use ctrl + shift + N of keyboard shortcuts to create new folders.
- Check Out :- Components Of Processing Devices in Computer
Save the file created in WordPad into the folder that you created.
- Open WordPad.
- Type the content related to the file.
- Click on the WordPad menu.
- Select Save option
- Select your folder’s location from the navigation pane of the Save Dialog Box.
- Select the folder from the content pane of the dialog box.
- Type the name of the file.
- Click on the Save button.
Note- By using this process of saving you can secure the file of Paint or other program in your folder.
- Right click on the file or folder name to change.
- Select the Rename option
- Type the new name of the file or folder.
- Right click on the file or folder that you want to erase.
- Select the Delete option from the context menu.
Note- If you delete the file or folder from the hard disk, then this file or folder is temporarily deleted. And it gets stored in Recycle Bin. Which you can recover later or delete permanently. You can open the Recycle Bin by double-clicking on the icon on the desktop.
- Right-click on the file, folder or drive you want to get information about.
- Select the Properties option from the context menu.
- Move or copy files or folders from one place to another –
- Right click on the file or folder that you want to move or copy.
- Choose Cut option for Cut and Copy for the Move.
- Select the place where you have to paste.
- Right click on the empty space in the content pane, and select Paste option.
Here I gave you information about the Windows explorer, and I am about to give information about the computer’s control panel in my next post. If you like the information given by me, then share it with your friends.